Exposing 9th and 10th graders to the skills and knowledge needed to perform at a high level of academic and community leadership.
The 9/10 Movement: Maximizing Student Potential
Inspiring and Developing Future Memphis Leaders
The goal of the 9/10 program is to expose students to the skills and knowledge needed to perform at a high level of academic and community leadership. Students who successfully complete the 9/10 program will be advised to apply to the Memphis Challenge and become a part of the larger applicant pool of juniors.
OUR COLLECTIVE IMPACT
We expect to:
- Increase the cognitive skills, knowledge level and cultural capacity of students with leadership potential
- Reduce the achievement gap for students with high performing potential but lack resources to ensure their competitiveness in national and international academic and professional markets
- Develop a better sense of awareness of the requirements for academic and leadership excellence
- Infuse a stronger pool of students from the Memphis metro area who are college bound
“MC has shown me how to be a better leader, scholar and thinker. The life lessons I have learned will benefit me greatly in my collegiate and future endeavors.”
– Kenneth Burnett, Sophomore, 9/10 Movement
“In society today, things are changing drastically, and I believe Memphis Challenge will help me find a voice in my city.”
– Zoe Smith, Sophomore, 9/10 Movement